TAPER WEEK: 40 MINUTE PANCAKE RUN (AND BODY CAMERA HACK)
- I was pretty excited to be testing my body camera hack for my trail vest tonight (apart from it being taper week).
- You see I wanted something more convenient to take photos with during trail runs. I usually use my iPhone, but it's a "plus" and I generally keep it wrapped in a ziplock bag to protect it from my sweat. It is slow and inconvenient.
- I searched the internet for a solution. I had Go-Pros and had seen similar action cameras, but then I found the Nikon KeyMission 80. It's a 12MB fixed focal length camera for stills or video. It is much smaller than a mobile and clips into a holder that turns it off when it goes in and turns it on automatically when it is removed.
- I wanted a camera to fit on the outside of my vest and this was almost it out of the box. The only problem was that it is designed for hiking backpack straps and the vest style of the Salomon vest was challenging for the velcro attachment system as it kept crushing it.
- So I attached it to a large clip with some doubled sided tape and zip ties. The clip pushes into one of the vest pockets. From a running perspective I didn't notice it much at all. No bounce and certainly really easy to grab it out of the holder, grab the shot, whack it back and keep running. - Next step will be to test it with front flasks and my smaller vest. The clip seems to be pretty tight so I am thinking I should be able to place it any direction, not just in a pocket.
- 7.94km, 46 min, 5:52 average pace, average heart rate 145 (full vest and 1.5l bladder for a weighted run)
POST RUN NUTRTION
- Banana and some WPI.
- Brooks Adrenaline Road Shoes
- CEP compression socks
- Salomon S-LAB shorts
- ioMerino short sleeve shirt
- Garmin Fenix 3 HR & chest strap
Got out later than I wanted to today. Holy #humidity ☀ .
Also, I learned today that #stretching is far from glamorous .😂🙈
I love #running but I'm definitely ready to get back to a schedule with my work outs.
There's just something about crossing things off a calendar that makes me feel like an #accomplished#badass . 💪
One month until the #rockandroll#halfmarathon ... Can't wait !!! 😁
Super-colourful nuts and seeds: This is a picture from my holiday to France in early August! - I want to go back so much already!) I saw these nuts covered in colourful chocolate and they looked absolutely amazing and I tried a sample and tasted so good too🌟 Sadly I didn't buy any as they were sooo expensive but maybe next time🌎 Just thought I'd share this as I thought it looked very 👍🏼 with my theme tbh😂 NEW BLOG POST!: If you haven't already seen my recipe for healthy, savoury pancakes the link is in my bio🍕