I have to part with these #royalcopenhagen tea cups & saucers 😿 Given to me from my #danish friend. I never use them so I have to make room for more #expresso cups ☕️
This is a perfect 6 piece set of Blue Line from Royal Copenhagen 💎 #forsale
Back in June we got in that huge playground tower/slide and now we have a few more pieces to add to the collection. The two cast aluminum spring riders are made by Mexico Forge in Reedsville PA. The swing horse is a plastic and doesn’t have a makers mark. All three are functional and have beautiful patina. #vintageplayground#playgroundequipment#salvage#vintagefinds
This sculpture was salvaged from the wood pile, cross cut to reveal the beautiful wood grain, and mounted on a light oak base. The piece was slightly stained with a light walnut oil to really bring out the grain and make it pop, and top coated with a glossy polyurethane that really shows off the texture of the wood that was revealed when the bark was stripped. A hole for a candle is nestled in the middle but can only be seen from one side (in case you'd rather not use it as a candle holder). - Holds one (1) standard sized tealight. - Multiple coats of polyurethane for protection and easy was clean up. - 9"L x 3.5"W x 7"H $80 CAD + shipping
DM with an address for shipping prices!
Hand Made Driftwood Lamp
This piece of driftwood was actually found by my dog, he was pretty mad when I wouldn't let him chew it up! But once I saw the shape of it I just knew I couldn't let him destroy it (sorry Fozz!). Originally this piece was pretty beat up and covered in old rotting bark I left it to dry in the sun for about 2 weeks to the point where I could begin to debark it. Once I started meticulously removing bark (careful not to gouge the wood underneath) I was amazed to see the true beauty of this piece. Underneath the bark there was tonnes of channels created by various beach critters and after removing all the bark and giving it a firm brushing to remove all the compacted dust and sand I was left with a multicoloured piece with a really interesting texture. Mounted it on a simple pine base to really accentuate the eye catching texture and colours of the driftwood. The whole piece was lightly oiled with natural danish oil to make the colours pop and finished with two coats of semi-gloss polyurethane for a durable protective finish. The polyurethane finish really allows the light from the 40 watt edison bulb to play off the channels chewed into the wood creating a really striking accent piece that will be sure to draw the eye. Two conductor white cloth wrapped power cord intertwining through the wood and finally leading into the silver hanging lamp base give a clean contrast to the rather busy texture of the wood.
12.75"L x 9.25"W x 20.5"H
- 6.5ft power cable
- inline power switch
- 40 watt Edison bulb $150 CAD + shipping
DM with an address for shipping prices!
Reclaimed Driftwood Lamp
Made from a piece of reclaimed driftwood from one of my beach combing indeavors this piece has a nice contrast of light with dark accents. Mounted on a base of red oak (I think) with clean simple lines really accentuates the natural look of this piece playing off the intricacies of the wood grain and contrasting colours. Red cloth wrapped wire intertwining throughout the wood draws the eye with a pop of colour. A 40 watt edison bulb gives off just enough light to warm up a room without being overbearing. This piece was lightly cleaned with a bleach and water solution to remove any beach critters and then left to dry before being lightly coated with a natural danish oil to really bring out the colours. Finally it was finished with a coat of semi-gloss polyurethane for a durable protective finish.
6.25"L x 6"W x 13.25"H
- Approx. 5ft power cord (couple inches short)
- Inline power switch
- 40 watt edison bulb - $150 CAD + shipping - DM with address for shipping prices!
Okay, Operation Bookcase Adornment is not yet complete. I need to add the baseboard, I still have more stenciling to do, and I have to make the hand-sculpted intaglio medallions and “easter egg” figures. That said, I think you have all waited long enough to see the (close enough) finished product. This project was built from a set of modular bookshelves in the IKEA HEMNES collection. The top was a sofa table from the same collection. The moldings, sconces, and hardware were salvaged — pieces I’ve collected for this specific project for over a year. Some of the aged imperfections were left intact and the entire thing was painted by hand to get just the right brushed texture. The colors are Paris Green for the exterior and shelves and Scheele’s Green for the interior. Accents were added in gold. All of the materials, excluding the original cost of the bookcases six years ago, amounted to an estimated $75... and obviously considerable labor. Just as the recent vestibule makeover sets the stage, this project creates a visual focal point when entering the house. I hope you all enjoy! #ikeahacks#salvaged#recycled#ikeavictorian#bookshelfie#bookcaseporn#bookstagram