Today was my first time up Turoa... checked out Lake Surprise and the round the mountain trail. Brilliant training ground - I am spent!!! Time to make our way home for curry and beer!!! We’ve had an epically awesome weekend... 📷 @marcdasharknz .
21 thoughts/hashtags/hugot while running 21k CDH resolution run 2018:
1. #beprepared . Alam mo may takbo ka, iniwan mo sa locker ng company un running shoes mo. Ang galing mo mang-iwan 😑
2. #beprepared pa din. D ka nag carboloading as if naman marami ka stock ng source of energy. 44kgs ka na nga lang.
3. Kahit ilan beses mo na gngwa, mahirap pa rin talaga, #bakit ?
4. Wala ka dala hydration bottle, lagi ka na lang umaasa 😑
5. Madilim sa route. Wag ka matatakot. Wala naman multo. Multo lang ng nakaraan 😂
6. Bgla may liwanag, masisilaw ka.. ganyan talaga akala mo liwanag na,.saglit lang pala. Mas masakit!
7. May aso! D ka naman hhabulin may tali. Ganyan dapat, hindi na naghhabol kung nakatali na 🐕
8. May aso ulit! Hindi nakatali... aso na lang ang humahabol sayo 😑🐩
9.Kaway-kaway sa mga runner friends. Treasure them. Sila lang nakakaintindi sa paghhirap mo 😂
10. May ssabay bgla sa pace mo, wag mo na lang pansinin..iiwan ka din nyan.
11. May ssabay ulit, wag mo pansinin! Iiwan mo lang din yan. 😂
12. #shutuplegs . Masakit lang legs mo, mas masakit pa din ang puso 😂✌
13. #smile ! May photographer, para cute ka pa din kahit nasasaktan ka na
14. First-aid. Palagay ng ointment. Para kahit saglit mawala ang sakit.
15. Maliwanag na! nasa 11km ka pa lang. Kaya ka naiiwan, ang bagal mo.
16. Sakit ng likod at braso... wala yan! Again, mas masakit pa din ang puso mo 💔
17. Gutom. Overthink kasi gutom haha
18. medal na lang ang naghhintay sayo sa finishline 😢
19. #unofficial time 2hrs45mins. Parang kayo hindi official 😂
20. Plan recovery run. D mo deserve ang matagal na pain. Recover agad!
21. Never give up. Move-on. Move-up! 💪☝️
🚴Last bike workout of this training block and was a sort of FTP test based on a great article I read on TP. 10min at 0.95FTP followed by 10min at FTP followed by 10min with increasing power until TTE. Last minute change on my training plan but worthy. Great and a really hard workout! Im glad I did a long and hard warm-up!
After the session... Meal prep! And when you try to make your plate to look nice by organizing the food in the pan but you just dont have the patience... That's the result! 😁🚴
Mindset of today's session: "there is a 5sec window between your instincts, the should's, the urges and the things that can change your life, and you to move. If you dont, your brain is designed to kill it"
Bottom line is: Don't hesitate in things that will help you grow and achieve your goals! 💪💪 #bike#biketraining#hustlers#grider#swimbikerun#triathlon#healthyfood#foodfuel#toughmind#shutuplegs#chimpbraingotfucked#road2kona
If you look for @jpdinnell you’ll find a video where he tells the story of his bosses decide that they are going to invade an area even though they were told if they did so, everyone would be killed.
He goes on to say that they didn’t do this because they wanted everyone to die, but because that’s where the enemy was and if they were going to take them out, they needed to go where they were.
I thought of this today when I was getting on my bike. I decided I wasn’t going to take the “flat” and easy route today. No, I was going for the 2,000+ feet of climbing.
Why? Because I don’t care what my speed is on @gozwift. Not every ride needs to be 20+mph or a certain distance or this or that. It’s about growing and getting better.
Consider that the next time you have a similar decision. Are you going to take the “flat” route, or are you going to go find the “enemy”???
Ok 2018. Got some goals set. Add to that: stretch. I didn’t put it on the list, cause I’m not sure yet if I mean ‘stretch once this year’ or am aiming for more like semi-regularity. Don’t wanna aim too high... 🤦♀️ And it’s been too long since I ran a PB. Time to learn to love running again. And hills. 🎢 Must learn to love those too... Uphills, that is. 🤦♀️ Downhill: check. 😍 As to the rest of the year, I’ve decided I need a sponsor so I can afford to do all the races I want, plus all the travel etc. Anyone want to sponsor a slow, whingy, needy, slightly overweight triathlete? Sense of humor included. Promise to try (tri?!) really hard! All applications considered. 🤑
I was asked to join a 130K ride with a shorter climb today. After 110K I became aware of the change in plans they forgot to tell me about, which explained my earlier suffering😅
The change included a 160K ride with a harder and longer climb! 1125 elevation meters covered in 12K with an average of 7% to be exact🤓
The climb was especially hard because I was already feeling tired, trying to keep up with the guys and didn’t know how long it was, so it felt like forever. But I made it to the 🔝💪🏼
Today was also the day I thought about changing my cartridge to the biggest ever existing!😂
And today I felt like crying or yelling or both after 140K in a good medium pace with still 20K to go🤢
But, today I did good, really good, even though I’m also totally wasted now! But I’m also still looking forward to a short ☀️-recovery ride tomorrow😎
By the way, the route today WAS epic!😍 Beautiful and quiet (except for my heavy breathing). The weather was perfect and I had good company, so I can’t really complain that I got more than I asked for🤷🏻♀️