Well you could have the chance to win one! AW Football's social media guru is Braving the Shave tomorrow and as part of the event she is running a rather awesome raffle - where a 1-2-1 football session with Coach Alex is up for grabs! All you have to do is enter the raffle! Geraldine will be at all today's sessions at Crayside selling raffle tickets but if you're not at those but are still interested you can find her at @jogonmum - all proceeds are going to Macmillan Cancer Support! Such a worthy cause - so what are you waiting for! ❤️⚽️
Kids Knit is off the summer, but look at some of these fantastic projects that were finished in the last few weeks!! So proud of how much everyone has achieved! Don't forget if you are looking for something crafty to do over the school holidays I will be running some great workshops - just get in touch! #KidsKnit#knittingforallltd#skillsforlife
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” ~ Michael Jordan
Mindfulness is an incredibly powerful skill for living a life we love. Especially if you find yourself feeling overwhelmed, distracted, burnt out, disconnected, or rushing through life. It’s an awareness and a sense of presence that can be cultivated through practice. It's also a powerful antidote to many of the challenges of our modern lives. ⠀
Mindfulness helps us to…⠀
1) Get out of our heads and into our lives. And really experience the world around us.⠀
2) Appreciate the fullness of each moment–what’s happening right here, right now. The ordinary moments of our daily lives are often the most meaningful and memorable. ⠀
3) Connect with and learn about ourselves. Knowing more about ourselves allows us to live a more fulfilling life, doing more of what we love and what matters most to us. ⠀
4) Connect deeply and intimately with those we care about most. The health of our relationships is foundational to our well-being and happiness.⠀
5) Consciously influence and change our behavior. Being badass change-makers in our own lives makes it possible for us to be a powerful force for good in the world and live the lives we imagine. ⠀
Sounds pretty amazing, eh? We wish everyone had the opportunity to learn this skill from the time they were young. But most of us are just now learning it in adulthood (or considering learning about it).⠀
So how do you begin or continue this transformative practice? Tune in tomorrow for a few tips on starting and maintaining a great mindfulness practice. (Hint: It's simpler than you think!)
Gorgeous peaceful photo: @alexrobyyy
We hope you've had a great weekend and have been enjoying the sunny weather!
Now another week to enjoy your favourite football sessions and as our sessions take place indoors you can have a little respite from the intense heat and glorious sunshine!
Make sure you bring your bottles of water - staying hydrated is so important when the weather is this hot! ❤️⚽️
CTA Centre was the first fully CITB accredited permanent training and testing site in the South West. It is equipped to handle all the classifications of plant for which Construction Skills offer CPCS cards. The centre comprises a site which replicated all construction site conditions and was opened in 1991. 40 acres of dedicated training area plus 7 acres of woodland (for chainsaw training) also means that it is possible to carry out more than one type of training at any one time.