Are you putting in work at the gym, watching what you eat, but still not getting the fitness results you want? That's probably because you're not getting enough sleep. Here are some sleep hacks and facts 🛌
1. People who slept 5 hours a day for one week experienced a 10-15% decrease in their testosterone levels 🛬
2. Lack of sleep can result in weight gain because of higher Ghrelin levels (hormone responsible for feeling hungry) 🍽 and lower Leptin levels (hormone responsible for feeling full) 🤐
3. Studies have shown that lower amounts of sleep lead to a decrease in reaction time 🐢
4. Surprisingly, the amount of force our muscles can produce is not affected by sleep, but how quickly we get tired is 🙇🏽
5. Sleeping decreases the amount of hormones that break down our muscles like cortisol. Our bodies are able to lower cortisol levels more at night than during the day 🌓
The moral of the story is... get your sleep... even if its in the middle of an ice-cold pond.
That bear ... so chill. I'm taking a page (tea bag?) from his book before I hit the hay. Very excited about sleeping in till 8 am tomorrow. Today was crazy busy - a client company appointed a new president and I helped run the announcement and media with @seanbpasternak - but it's not even a matter of that. It's the early mornings. Definitely NOT a morning guy over here.
So I was looking through pictures of myself from when I was 16. My body looked really good. I got a little depressed. My my butt was flat though. The one thing I do currently love about my body is my ass because I was doing squats everyday to work on it. So I'm about to do some squats because why not? Hope you're all having a great week. ❤
"Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde
Support a #betterworld while you #sleep
Do you #dream of a better world where all businesses hold respect for people and the planet while creating their product? The sad reality for many people in developing countries where the vast majority of our products are made, are constructed in inadequate working conditions, with long hours all for less than $minimumwages While this saves big businesses a lot of money, the costs on the people doing the work and on the #environment are much too high.
There is something you can do.
Supporting businesses that keep #fairtrade standards in mind, whether they are creating #organic#bedlinen#clothing or producing #food products, does its part to omit these unethical and unsustainable manufacturing practices used by other companies.
We’re not suggesting buying fair trade #duvetcovers will instantly change the world. Every purchasing decision you make to support businesses such as ours makes a difference to the way businesses participate in #transparent means of production to high #socialresponsibility standards that are reflected on #labels with real #ethical nutrition, for your peace of mind.
Do your part to support #sustainable practices and families in India while enjoying the unique benefits of lovingly #handmade organic linen.
Ethical | Handmade | Linens