Week 2, Meal #2 of the Healthy Dinner Challenge - Creamy Cajun Chicken Shells for under 400 calories and 9 SmartPoints #SKHealthyDinner
8 oz. high fiber shell pasta (or whole wheat)
.75 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning, divided
2 tsp. olive oil
1 red pepper, sliced thin
1 green pepper, sliced thin
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
4 cloves garlic, minced
14 oz. canned fire roasted diced tomatoes
1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 cup scallions
1. Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Toss the chicken with half of the Cajun seasoning. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring often, until cooked through. Set aside.
3. Add the vegetables to the same pan and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender. If they begin to stick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
4. Turn heat down to low and add the diced tomatoes (undrained), cream cheese, and remaining Cajun seasoning. Cook until cream cheese melts and the sauce is formed. Taste and season if needed.
5. Stir in the chicken and pasta. Serve with scallions. #SKHealthyDinner#slenderkitchen