The power of meal prep right here - I threw this lovely bowl together in about 30 seconds! Sautéed kale, white bean hummus, turmeric falafel and chopped cucumber over a bed of quinoa! 🌱🍋🥒🙌 There's nothing like an easy and nutritious lunch to power you through a Monday, am I right? Hope you are having an equally delicious start to the week!
TURMERIC FALAFEL! 🌱🥙🥒🍋
(Adapted from @bobsredmill recipe on the bag of chickpea flour)
- 1 cup chickpea/garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (or 1/4 tsp dried) - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp of each of ground coriander, garlic powder and onion powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for frying) • mix dry ingredients (including spices) until combined • add lemon juice and hot water and stir until incorporated (I also added a little drizzle of olive oil to the batter). Once mixed, let it rest for about 10-15 minutes.
• heat oil in a skillet until medium hot - drop falafel batter by the tablespoon and flatten slightly. Fry both sides until golden brown. You may need to cook in batches so you don't crowd your frying pan. Set cooked falafel on a wire rack to allow excess oil to drop off.
This should make a dozen falafel. I think the next time I make them I will add some cooked chickpeas after pulsing them in the food processor for a little added texture. Tag me if you try them out!!! It would make my day! 😊
I love this easy side dish. Refried beans, black beans, chipotle peppers, spices, herbs, lightly sauteed onions and jalapenos, a fresh tomato salsa spread over the top, and crumbled queso. Baked until brown and bubbly. Sooo good. Goes with everything :)
Come down to @mrgoodbarbuffalo tonight and get the all new #chegarciachimichurri wings and nachos! Be sure to ask for Bobby when you get there (pictured above), he'll take care of you 😉