Nothing better than zoodles 😋🥒💚!!! (Srsly amazing)
Cooked myself a "hearty" homemade tomato sauce with peppers, mushrooms and red lentils 👅 (turned out so yummy!!!) .
A bowl of regular spaghetti can contain up to 581 calories (and that's just one bowl), and a bowl of zucchini noodles has about 30!!!!! That's a huge difference! And honestly I never need to go back for seconds, I was barley even able to finish this plate! .
5 surprising health benefits of zucchini:
1. Zucchini Is Awesome For The Heart ❤️- contains potassium which helps reduce blood pressure, contains folate which breaks down amino acids like homocysteine that causes heart attacks and strokes & magnesium which keeps your heart beating at a normal rhythm
2. Zucchini Helps in Weight Loss 💦💪🏽- very low in calories, large amount of fibre to help burn off fat in the body and helps keep the body hydrated (contains 95% of water) goodbye headaches, hello energy ⚡️
3. Zucchini Improves Eye Health 👀- when used externally helps to remove the puffy bags that develop around the eyes due to excessive water retention, also contains carotenoid Beta-carotene which can be converted into vitamin A in the body. The presence of Vitamin A in the squash helps in active cell development in the eyes, which enhances vision!!
4. Zucchini Guards Against Asthma and Strengthens Teeth And Bones 🤧😬- contains Vitamin C, a powerful anti-oxidant, plays a huge role in keeping the immune systems healthy and fighting respiratory problems & calcium that helps the nervous system to function properly and gives strength to our bones and teeth
5. Zucchini Helps Lower Cholesterol 👍🏼- the high fiber content helps in lowering cholesterol, high levels of vitamin A and Vitamin C delays the beginning of atherosclerosis by keeping the cholesterol from oxidizing the body’s blood vessels & removes excess toxins in the body .
Happy spiralizing 👏🏼🥒💚
Brunch, anyone? I made this caramelized onion, zucchini, and ground beef frittata this morning. One of the best gifts you can give yourself: slice up some onions and throw them in the slow cooker with a little avocado oil on low before you go to bed. In the morning, you wake up to caramelized onions! I've decided that caramelized onions are the 🥓 of the veggie 🌎: they make pretty much anything taste amaaaazing! Spiralized the zucchini to make it look extra pretty!
Those are spiralized 🍎! I sautéed some ground beef and kale, then tossed it over some roasted sweet potatoes and apple noodles (appoodles?). Seasoned everything with some @savoryspiceshop Barnegat Bay Butcher's Rub and topped with some @primalkitchenfoods Honey Mustard dressing.
If you're bewildered as to how I came up with this wacky idea, that makes two of us. It's really tasty though. 👌
Celebrate our planet with a homemade, completely RAW, organic, guiltless, vegan meal!
Zucchini Noodles & Kale drenched in a Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce
This dish was SO good! It's so much healthier than real pasta, packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, healthy fat and nutrition. It will have you full and happy! MY recipe below:
3 whole zucchinis spiralized (keep skin on for added fiber)
For sauce, blend the following:
1 whole avocado
3 to 4 garlic cloves (I like it garlicky so add according to taste)
Juice of 1 lemon
Handful of cilantro (I am generous with my handful)
pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
pinch of Cayenne
Filtered Water (depending on how creamy you like it. I added about 1/2 cup or less)
Chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes (I like things spicy)
Mix sauce into zoodles so that it's creamy and evenly distributed. I added a few dollops on top. I also threw some pieces of Kale in there. (massage Kale with sauce so it's not too abrasive )