Gather friends around for a feast to be shared with our best-selling Dipped White Tagine (available in medium or large). This season it's all about kinship, and sharing special moments with loved ones. Cook up something special to share around, and mix with other beautiful items from this collection.⠀
Lentils stew with lamb, pumpkin and shallots. A recipe by @mymoroccanfood
The recipe can be found on Nargisse's foodblog;
What a fantastic dish! I used a thick slice of gigot (lamb leg) on suggestion of the Moroccan butcherie where I bought my meat. He simply cut the slice from a fresh gigot, 750 gram exactly, when I trimmed it, 650 gram. So, I used a lot more meat in the recipe and less shallots. Also added a few cloves of garlic. Respect the suggested timing of adding ingredients in different stages of the two hours cooking time and you end up with a fa-bu-lous dish!! Thanks for the recipe, Nargisse!
Marmalade day. And not a day too soon, as we're down to our very last jar of the 2017 vintage. Always reminds me of Morocco and my father's Seville orange groves. I return to Aghmat on my blog today, where you'll find my yummy tagine recipe, too. Link in bio
Lamb, chick pea and apricot tagine:
1. 2 tbsp olive oil.
2. 2 lamb shanks (approx 600g each). 3. 1 onion, finely chopped.
4. 2 Peeled Garlic Cloves,finely chopped.
5. 2 carrots, chopped.
6. 1/2 tbsp Ground Turmeric.
7. 1 tbsp Ground Cumin.
8. 1/2 tbsp Paprika.
9. 2 Cardamom pods, crushed (discard the pods). 10. 1/2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon.
11. 100g dried Apricot.
12. 400g cooked/caned chick peas, drained.
13. 500ml chicken stock.
14. 400g caned/fresh chopped tomatoes.
15. 3 fresh apricots, halved and stoned.
16. Couscous and yogurt to serve. #eatrightlivelongrecipes
1. Reheat the oven to 180 c.
2. Set a casserole dish with 1 tbsp oil over a medium heat. Brown the lamb shanks on all sides them remove from the pan.
3. Add the remaining oil and the onions. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the garlic, carrots and spices and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the dried apricots and chick peas then return the lamb shanks.
4. Pour in the stock and tomatoes, bring to boil then cover with the lid. Transfer to the oven for 1 hour.
5. Remove the lid add the fresh apricots then return to the oven and cook uncovered for 30 minutes or until the shanks are falling from the bone.
6. Serve with yogurt and couscous. #eatrightlivelongrecipes#recipe#healthycooking#lambshanks#apricot#Tagine#fusion#yummy