So as promised here's my review (part 1) on resorts in the Maldives!🌟 They're in order of preference from my LEAST favourite to my MOST favourite. As I'm not a professional reviewer, I didn't go check every detail of the resorts so I do apologise ahead if my review doesn't help you 🙈
7. Adaaran Prestige Vadoo
- 15-min speedboat ride from Male airport
- I was there as a one-day guest
- Children under 12 are allowed
- The beach is clean and the sand is very fine.
- It's a very small island and I didn't like the fact that one side of the island is completely surrounded by water villas, which not only ruins your view as well as your privacy. This is also a word of warning if you book a water villa, make sure you request one that looks out into the ocean or else you'll have a whole island looking at you!
- Snorkeling was alright. With global warming I think all the coral is bleached everywhere😢 (note: what doesn't help us seeing people with fins and shoes standing on them😠)
- Among all the resorts I've been to this is the only one that has a deck bar featuring a rooftop
- Every 5pm(?!) they do big fish feeding, interesting to see!
6. Club Med Finolhu
- 25-min speedboat ride
- One-day guest
- Children under 12 are NOT allowed - It's a new resort but the island itself is quite small. Basically the only place you can chill is either at your villa or the public pool, or on the beach if you don't mind laying in front of someone else's beach villa.
- The beach is very nice and clean but there is nothing much on it, the only public place for sun loungers would be right in front of the pool. - I love their lunch buffet spot cause the view from there is beautiful! For the food they do pre-set dishes tho (about 6-8 different dishes as I remember).
- They offer a free snorkeling tour (snorkeling equipments are provided, and you have to pass a swimming test beforehand) which they'll take you to the middle of the sea somewhere near the resort.
You know a lot of people may not be a fan of? Mondays. You know what a lot of people ARE fans of? Our exclusive Pit Bull Scooter!🏍⠀
Make your Monday a memorable one by coming on down to Maui Scooter Shack! The wind of your face will for sure make you glad it's a Monday and you decided to visit us at Maui Scooter Shack!