Vegan visiting Tokyo? You'll want to pick up a copy of this ASAP:
Tokyo Vegan Guide
The Plant-Based Foodie's Guide to Japan's Capital Kindle Edition
By Chiara Park Terzuolo
Known as the land of sushi, Japan may seem a bit daunting to vegan and vegetarian visitors. But have no fear, not only can you survive in Tokyo while keeping to a plant-based diet, but thrive on delicious meals and snacks!
The Tokyo Vegan Guide contains everything you need to know to enjoy delicious meals and make the most of your time in the city:
• Reviews of over 50 vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants across Tokyo, including price ranges and easy walking directions
• Compact travel guides and sightseeing recommendations near the restaurants
• Tips on how to find vegan-friendly budget options in convenience stores, supermarkets, and even major restaurant chains!
• Bonus information for gluten-free and halal foodies
• A useful glossary of helpful phrases, common words and a clear explanation of veganism in Japanese
• As a special gift, a mini vegan guide to Kyoto is included!
Written by the Tokyo-based, (self-professed) vegan gourmet and travel writer Chiara Terzuolo, this guide to Japan's capital will allow you to eat your way through the city without any worries while getting a taste of real Japanese plant-based cuisine.
Available via Amazon.com and Amazon.co.jp.
• anywhere where they serve hot roasted sweet potatoes from little wood-fire vans has got my vote • 🍠🍠 literally the ideal snack on a cold autumnal day 🍁 I'd take this over some toffee apple any day - who's with me?! #vegan#plantbased#sweetpotato
• roaming for ramen • 🚶🏼♀️ wandering Harajuku when I come across this in close proximity on @happycowguide - a ramen restaurant with a special vegan option, with all the toppings you can think of. We've got fried garlic, tofu, bamboo shoots, nori, beansprouts and spring onions, and pickled ginger and chilli to add. Honestly incredible, giving me so many ideas of how to up my noodle soup game at home! Also feeling very lucky that there are, on the whole, so many vegan options nowadays when travelling. Yes, there are definitely times when I have to have faith that they haven't used some sort of fish stock or paste, or when I might be a bit (okay a lot more) limited than some of my friends, but most people, when they understand, are really accommodating, and apps like the Happy Cow make finding suitable restaurants easy and exciting - I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything here! 🍱🍙 #vegantokyo#veganjapan#Japan#vegantravel
#ファラブロ#Repost @tempeh_traveller (@get_repost)
JAPAN 🇯🇵 Completely vegan falafel pita takeaway shop in Roppongi, Tokyo. ---------------------------------------------------[Ft: Falafel Salad bowl w/ spicy tahini sauce] 🥙🥗🌯A relatively new store that opened in February 2017, right in the heart of Roppongi hills near the bars and clubs. A very clean and friendly store with English speaking staff and wonderful presentation for a very reasonable piece of ¥500-¥1000/ item. The salad bar selection was great and the ingredients were super fresh, however the hummus and babaganoush were a little flavourless. The falafel and spicy tomato+cucumber salad were definitely the stars of the whole meal and overall my falafel cravings were satisfied! I recommend trying this place for a late night meal or a lunch on the run! Good little find.
My rating: 7/10 😋😊
🏠Address: 1F Kadogan Bldg, 5-1-10 Roppongi, Minato, Tokyo, Japan, 106-0032.
---------------------------------------------------👣Directions: Catch the metro to Roppongi on the Hibiya line and take exit 3. Turn right down the first street in front passing Outback Steakhouse and 7/11. Walk straight and at the Y intersection, look to your left and the shop is on the corner! #veganjapan#crueltyfree#plantbased#vegantokyo#govegan#vegantravel#veganpita#veganfalafel#vegankebab#veganroppongi#tokyo#falafelbrothers#roppongi
Looking for a stylish vegan-friendly cafe/restaurant in Tokyo? Check out @BlueTreeJapan, founded by two members of the famous Aoki family: @SteveAoki and @KevAoki.
Great service, incredible music (thanks, Steve), beautiful interior, and amazing food (thanks, Kevin)!
The moment my order arrived, the opening notes of 'For Sure' by American Football began playing in the restaurant. I've decided that this is adequate compensation for otherwise nice drizzly rainy weather ruining my plans to go do outdoors things over the next two days.