Selfcare tip. You don't have to do things that are crazy expensive to bring yourself a little happiness. I love trying new and different tasty beverages. This new Peach Mango, Vitamin Water is bringing me a little smile. Happy 150 Canada!
Recently got back into reading - just finished The Girl on the Train, which was fabulous, and now I'm starting Memoirs of a Geisha 📕 Reading was a huge part of my childhood - I didn't go to public school until I was 15 so I was bored around the house a lot 📚
Vitamin drinks, iced tea, and fruit juice
We all know soda is best avoided, but vitamin drinks, iced tea, and fruit juices sound like a good compromise, right?
Like, why just have water when you can have water PLUS vitamins and other goodies? You’ve heard tea has antioxidants, and fruit juice? Well, fruit is totally good for you, so it makes sense that fruit juice is good for you too.
The problems these drinks have caused is horrifying.
Mostly it’s about the huge amounts of sugar hidden in them (hello, monster cravings!), but it’s also the fake colors and flavors that leave nearly all these drinks firmly in the ‘not healthy’ category.
I usually don’t like to label things like that, but these drinks are sold, and consumed, as ‘health foods’, and they simply are not.
What can you drink instead?
Good old water is fantastic. I know it’s not as exciting, but water helps keep you clean and functioning like you should. If you’re after a bit of excitement in the flavor department, try adding some lemon, lime, or orange juice squeezed in, or experiment with tea.
THEY ARE HERE! ANNOUNCING #HEYLIKEWOW ON @Amazon ‼️
The exotic Mango & Passionfruit 250ml 6 pack available to order directly to your door! Search 'heylikewow' to find our full range, with more flavours coming very soon❗️
L I M E W A T E R 💦
1) Warm lime water helps purify and stimulate the liver. Lime water liquefies bile while inhibiting excess bile flow.
2) Warm lime water aids digestion. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices.
3) The liver produces more enzymes from lime water than any other food.
4) The lime water helps bowels eliminate naturally and easily.
5) Limes are high in potassium. Potassium is an important mineral that works with sodium for smooth electrical transmission in the brain and nervous system. Depression, anxiety, fogginess, and forgetfulness can often be traced to low potassium blood levels. That same nervous system needs potassium to assure steady signals to the heart. So your heart health is improved from the lime water’s potassium.
6) Calcium and magnesium are plentiful in good ratio to each other in lime water. Magnesium is important for heart health and calcium prevents rickets.
7) Lime water can help lower blood pressure.
8) Lime water has an alkalizing effect in the body as it is buffered. Even if you drink it just before any meal, it will help your body maintain a higher pH than if you didn’t drink it. The higher or more alkaline your pH, the more your inner terrain is resistant to minor and major disease.
9) Helps dilute uric acid, which if it accumulates it creates arthritic pain or gout.
10) Helps reduce phlegm in the body.
11) Helps with weight loss: Limes are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.
12) Keeps you zen: Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you subject your mind and body to stress. Limes are chock full of vitamin C.
13) Is a diuretic: Limes increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.