You may or may not have known this about me but……I waitressed for 11 years. 😳
It has been almost a year since I quit waitressing.
It is so sad to think I spend most of my weekends in my 20’s working on a Friday and Saturday night. Like where did time go? 🤷🏻♀️ I love meeting new people, serving others, and being around food! I was sacrificing so many relationships and opportunities by working every weekend. I never really thought about how big of a decision this would be to quit and what an impact it would have on my life. Especially since I don’t like quitting. 👊🏻 I waitressed to pay off my debt, the need for a second income as a catholic school teacher, and I needed money to pay bills…..the list could go on. YES. I had to make sacrifices to quit waitressing. But it was one of the best sacrifices I could have made. Because now, I am spending more time with family and friends and being ME.
Yes, I have worked multiple jobs for a number of years. Annnnnd it feels soooooo good to finally be FREE! Free of worrying how my weekends will go by so fast and how tired I will be on Monday. Free of missing out on a friends birthday or a family party.
This was one of the very first decisions I made for myself. And I am so grateful for the many opportunities it has led me to. I am still meeting new people, helping and serving others, and working with food. What could be better? 🤗🌀🌈
Rules For My Daughter and granddaughters: although I think we all need to follow this advice ❤️ 1. Don’t knock it ’til you try it.
2. Send Thank You cards for every act of hospitality — except another Thank You card.
3. Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
4. Put cinnamon in your coffee, and twice as much when you miss me.
5. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to smash things; but, wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
6. If you’re going to curse, be clever. If you’re going to curse in public, know your audience.
7. Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
9. 5-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.
10. Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse these.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack your bag.
12. Never walk through an alley.
13. Be less sugar, more spice, and only as nice as you’re able to without compromising yourself.
14. Can’t is a cop-out. Don’t want to is perfectly acceptable.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard. Be your own hero.
16. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
17. Never lie to yourself.
18. Your body, your rules.
19. If you have an opinion, you better know why.
20. Study your curiosities and practice your passions.
21. Ask for what you want.
22. Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work.
23. Don’t skimp on good sheets.
24. Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food and far-off places.
25. Fall hard and forever in love with nothing but yourself.
26. Say Please, Thank You, and Pardon Me, whenever the situation warrants it.
27. Reserve I’m sorry for when you truly are.
28. Naps are for grown-ups, too.
29. Question everything except your own intuition.
30. You have enough. You are enough.
Copy and paste. Post a picture of your daughter/daughters.
New!!! Wine barrel cork holder. Comes in black or brown. Ships with a gift box. Holds 130 corks! Collect your corks! Looks great in your Wine bar, tasting room, kitchen or anywhere in your home! Makes a wonderful gift for the wine lover in your life. 😀🍷🍇 link in bio.
Some new wine barrel stave tea light holders are ready! Stock up for, dare I say Xmas!! Or make this your centrepiece for Thanksgiving this year. I also have a few more rustic ones finished as well. No two are alike. Length ranges from 34" to 3ft and width from 2-3". $40 ea
THIS is what tonight looks like. I would love to post that we made homemade organic pizza from scratch and some sort of refined sugar-free, Paleo, nutrient dense dessert...and that we all drank water with lemon essential oil to help us refresh, boost our immune systems, and detox after a long week. But that's not what it is. It's Papa Murphy's pizza, a box mix dessert from Annie's, and wine for momma. (Don't worry...the kids are indeed drinking water 😉). .
I needed this. A night to let go of trying so hard, of cutting myself some slack, of taking some shortcuts, and of going myself permission to re-freaking-LAX! And you know what? So did my kids. You should have heard the squeels...it's like Christmas morning over here. 😉
So whether it's dinner, a business challenge, a relationship concern, motherhood, your marriage...WHATEVER. Give yourself a break from time to time. No one expects perfection. There's no shame in letting things go a bit every once in awhile. Releasing the pursuit of control and perfection has literally saved my sanity. I'm soooooo grateful for that...and I'm willing to bet my fam is too. 😉
When I opened this account, it was with the purpose to save all those precious moments of happiness with my family and remember them when feeling hopeless with sickness and pain.
Now, my purpose is to document my healing journey so that my daughters and others can always know that life is full of miracles and healing is a big one. We all can heal. Thank you @medicalmedium🙌😘😇 I have seen many people struggling to start their journeys thinking that changes need to be done overnight. When I decided to jump on the train of Medical Medium, I did it acknowledging that indeed changes had to happen. But I began making those changes slowly. Of course I stopped feeding the pathogens in my body with cheese, butter, eggs and other stuff right away. And it was a lot easier to give up meat of any kind because it was already hurting me. However, wine and coffee have taken longer. I was never a coffee lover but I did start to crave it as a solution for my fatigue some years ago. I have decreased it from two cups a day to half a cup these days. And sometimes I just forget to drink it.
With wine was about the same. I didn't use to enjoy alcohol because my seizure medications wouldn't allow it. But after I was off them, I found in wine a great aid for my insomnia problems. 😴A glass with dinner every other day helped me a lot.
Knowing that wine and coffee can be both very dehydrating and not the right solution to my problems, motivated me to lower the consumption of both of them. I tried really hard to do it overnight but the migraines were just too awful.
Using wine as medicine is not my current status anymore 😂. I probably will be experiencing healing a lot faster but I am happy to allow myself once in a while to enjoy the moment and to have a glass of wine 🍷 . This too has helped me to appreciate even more how wonderful eating mindfully can be for our bodies and souls. And by this I mean MM protocol.
Being perfect is not a requirement to heal. This is my truth, this is my learning curve and I am sharing this with you too. I hope this is not a post that disappoints you too much. Happy weekend! 🤗💖🤗💖🤗💖🤗💖🤗
Hello Fall! With the dawn of sweater weather and scarves, forget all that pumpkin spice hype and go with the best #comfortfood in town. Our award winning burgers and “cowboy style” mac & cheese are anything but basic. #firstdayoffall#sweaterweather