• G I V E A W A Y • To celebrate this Lovely Labor Day weekend. I've partnered with @redesign_my_room, a local home decor stylist who has wonderfully practical tips to improve your living space in an affordable way. She also provides styling services. One lucky winner will receive an....
* E-Design for up too a 700 square foot interior space that includes 3 edits and free interior redesign consultation with Genéve.
* This original 8x10 floral painting by @kara.aina.art to brighten and adorn your redesigned space. >>>How to enter<<< *Be sure you are following @redesign_my_room and @kara.aina.art *Show some love and like this post❤️ *Tag a friend in the comments, each tag=one entry *For 5 entries, you can repost this on your IG feed, use #gandkgiveaway *contest closes 9/8, US mailing address only, winner will be notified by DM and posted on this post.
Art History buffs? Parents of school aged children? Artists? Educators?...
I'm trying to figure out my 'Big 5' artist line up that I will use to label each of the tables and art bins in my classroom. I teach additional artists to individual grade levels but these 'Big 5' are the ones that all the students will hear and become most familiar with this year. Last year I did a theme of artists that had a connection to Hitler (whether he burned their paintings, hated their art, fled from his rule to be able to create as they wanted, created their style to oppose his oppression, etc) what should my theme be for this year? #somanyartistssolittletime .
*North American artists
*Pop Art and Abstract Expressionism
*Latin American artists
*Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
*Still life or landscape artists
*Cubism/De Stijl/ Futurism
*An artist from a different continent
*Artists that have influenced each other creating a link
*Color field artists
*Installation artists *Artists that paint from nature or plein air artists
*5 random Master artists *Contemporary Artists
*Artists that have died in tragic/self-destructive ways (haha)
Cast your vote or even suggest a theme I haven't stated. What would you want your children to learn in art this year?
Oh sweet Saturday I'm glad you're here... I have the house all to myself (a rare occurrence) for the next few hours but now to figure out what to do...
1. Do yoga then paint the entire time
2. Finish scraping the deck then start painting it
3. Weed and tidy the yard preparatory for the 40 teens that will come tonight for an outdoor movie in our yard
4. Clean out the garage and make homemade scones
5. Fold 5 loads of laundry while binge watching Netflix
6. Plan for my upcoming classes for the fall and make granola bars
7. Go back to bed and avoid making decisions
Wanna cast your vote?
My boys like to watch me paint almost as much as I love painting. It always gives me a boost to hear them oooh and aaaah as if I'm the most talented painter in the world, often I hear them say "please don't sell that one I want it displayed in my room!"
Its times like that when I realize that being creative and pursuing your passion is as important for children to witness as it is for us to prioritize. Sometimes I get so caught up in the schedule and driving them around to pursue their passion that mine takes the back burner. All the more reason to #carveouttimeforart . Sending you Colorful Summer Monday vibes with his piece which was painted in between swim meets and a soccer practice. .
Perseverance 32x20 watercolor on Arches archival cold pressed 140lb watercolor paper (I ❤️the decal edge)
My great grandmother (Hatt) was a midwife and known throughout the area as a bit of an apothecary knowing many natural remedies and having jars and jars of preserved roots, powders and tinctures to help others in need. She lived on the edge of the Bay of Fundy which pours into the Atlantic Ocean. She would often be called on in the middle of the night to deliver a child and she would hop into her row boat in the deep darkness and row across the bay to help a mother in discomfort bring her new baby into the world. That has always amazed me...rowing across the cold bay in the middle of the night!!! So crazy right?? She was selfless and kind, hard-working and resourceful. When I go through difficult times in my life that seem insurmountable I find comfort in thinking about her and reminding myself that I come from "tough stock", that I too can be resourceful, tenacious and get things done! This painting is part of several in my "Crossing the Bay" series. It's 12x12 acrylic on gallery cradled birch panel. #toughstock#fundybay#newbrunswick
Against the rising tide of voices calling to end globalization, we welcomed the dawn of the new era. It's not everyday you get to meet your former boss 7,000 miles away from the U.S in the heart of the Middle East! Your visit means the world, Dawn. Literally. (Bring the rest of the gang next time plz). #GlobalismNotNationalism#reunited#womengetthingsdone
تشرفت بزيارة مديرتي السابقة في الولايات المتحدة في الرياض. "دون" من أعز الأصدقاء لي ومن الناس اللي أثروا على حياتي المهنيّة بشكل إيجابي وعلموني أهمية المصداقية والمسؤولية في عملك. ما شاء الله عليها من نجاح الى آخر ومن الأمثلة اللي يحتذى بها للمرأة العمليّة الناجحة ❤️
As women, we tend to judge each other more harshly than our male counter parts. That time must come to an end. We must support, believe, and lift each other up if we want to see change. If we don't do it, no one will. #womengetthingsdone