Day #5 of #SinkIntoSavasana hosted by @omandthecity 🌱
I had the day off today and have been making a mental list all week of the things I would accomplish. Then I wake up with a cough and sore throat. I admit, it's very mild and normally I'd go on about my day, but I was forced to cancel my blood donation appointment due to the cough. That freed up just enough time for me to make myself some lunch. Tonkatsu ramen with edamame and fried egg.
Since I rarely get sick I need to remember that it's ok to say YES to myself and take it easy when my body is not 💯well. If anyone needs me, I'll be slurping up the rest of my ramen, guilt free ✌🏼
Have yourselves a happy Friday full of nourishing goodness. It's Friyay, make it fun and delicious like my oats.
1/3 C oats
1/4 C almond milk TJ unsweetened vanilla
1t chia seeds
1 square TJ dark chocolate 72%
1t TJ nut butter 🤣🤣🤣
Drizzle of honey
Sprinkle of unsweetened coconut shreds
Lunch = leftover @cappellos gluten free, grain free gnocchi with made from scratch eggplant sauce. Get in my belly! These are some of the best packaged gnocchi I've eaten. Ever. And as for the sauce, funny story... Earlier this week my mom mentioned she made her favorite eggplant sauce with gnocchi for dinner. Last night when trying to figure out what to cook, I realized I had a box of gnocchi in the freezer and an eggplant in the fridge. I didn't have any canned tomatoes, but I did have a half used jar of sauce. So I texted my mom, "how do I make your eggplant sauce?" While waiting for her to respond, I received a text from my doorman that I had a UPS package waiting at the front desk. As I'm reading that text, a text come through from my mom with the sauce recipe, along with "I sent you a package via UPS, it should be arriving today." "That's funny," I replied, "I just got a text that it arrived". "GO GET IT NOW," she responds. So I send my son down to grab the box while I'm prepping ingredients for the sauce. "ARE YOU GETTING THE BOX? LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!" my mom is screaming at me via text. When my son came back up and I opened the box, I realized why my mom was having a coronary over me getting the package RIGHT THAT INSTANT. She shipped me 10 jars of her freshly canned tomatoes 🍅 😍😋. So instead of making the eggplant sauce with my leftover packaged sauce, I had the tomatoes to make it all from scratch. Talk about the universe being aligned lol! Anyways, if you haven't made sauce from scratch with fresh from the garden, homemade canned tomatoes, you are missing out.
:: My Panera lunch got me like 😍😍😍 Turkey Chili + Half Roasted Turkey, Apple + Cheddar Sandwich. Swapped out the Cranberry bread for sourdough, which took off 50 calories.
So only 480 calories (I don't think that includes the baguette, but shhhhh) I just checked... it doesn't. Add 180 calories. Not mad, still would have gone for the baguette. There are definitely worse things I could be eating.
Tagged by @fitgirl_courage and @fitgirl_loves_outdoors to s hare some #fitgirlfacts - so, here goes!
1. My first Round of 28 Day Jumpstart was #fitgirlquest - which started 7/3/2017
2. That's a tough one, I've got a few favorites, but I think my top, top is Growed Up Girl Cheese! .
3. I like all the challenges, they're fun , keep me engaged, and on some days push me outside my comfort zone, which is so good - especially the #fitgirlstylechallenge 💖 I'm never perfect about keeping up with them, but soooooo fun!
4. This one is kinda funny, and not something I could take a picture of so I hadn't shared it. My favorite #nsv is that my underwear don't fit right anymore! I have this weird extra space around the leg holes now, which sounds weird, but it means I've lost inches additions my thighs big time! 😂😂😂😂
5. #womp - why, one because it's fun to say asnd two because I love getting ideas from what everyone else is eating. Even if I'm making the same thing as someone else we almost all do it a little different, and sometimes I see a variation I wanna try!
6. Hmmm...probably the days I dance for cardio! I am NOT a legit dancer, but I have fun!
7. Bonus drinks! Some weeks I'm super good, but others...I have way more than 2 bonus drinks... I won't lie, hubby and I have a hard time letting a bottle of wine go unfinished, it just feels wrong 🍷🍷🍷
8. Honestly, the FitGirl Cookbook. I love new recipes so it's one of my favorite things! .
9. An accomplished goal - honestly the fact that I've stuck with this for more than a few weeks and still feel good about continuing and pushing myself is a huge accomplished goal. #fitgirlsdontquit
10. My future goal - better time management. Nailing down a consistent schedule for when to workout and when to meal prep so that things don't get away from me and I don't have to scramble! .
Tagged ladies, if you haven't done it, your up (and I'm sorry if I tag you and you have already done it, so hard to keep track 😂)💖💖💖
Packing lunch this morning. 100% vegan, grain free. Seasoned steamed veggies with spinach and pumpkin seeds. #yum#womp I'm not vegan right now but I am shooting for cow dairy free, wheat free, corn free. I'm getting there!! 😘 -
Here is my recipe for almond milk/yogurt. Milk: Soak one cup almonds at least 4-6 hours or more. Rinse drain. Add two cups water. Blend in high speed blender. Pour blended matter through nut bag. Squeeze out remaining milk. What's left over is almond meal. You can bake with this if you choose. It can be used as a replacement for flour. I'm running out of time so the yogurt instructions will have to come next time. @fitgirl_mindfulmama @fitgirl_pritchr ENJOY 😘😘. -
Good FRIYAY morning @fitgirlsguide fam.
So #womp (What's On My Plate) for brekkie this morning.
Decided to have a protein bowl filled with natural peanut butter scoop of cookies and cream protein powder fresh blueberries and literally drowned 😂 in Almond Milk. Figured, skncenit foinf to be a pretty busy day at the office, getting in good breakfast would be super important to keep me from snacking. It's tough when some of your co-workers bring in some crazy awesome treats and your starving. Makes it hard to resist. When I pack a lunch and have a good breakfast, I'm in total control. So far this week so good. LOL
Have an awesome day Wonder Women! You inspire me. ❤️❤️💪🏽💗 #fitgirlsguide#fitgirlfood#fitgirlintersession#friyay#WEAREFITGIRLS#brekkie
•WOMP • WOMP • WOMP •
Today's womp is for the beautiful fitgirl @fitgirldecker . I had for lunch a salad made with lettuce, tuna, corn, surimi and 1 little spoon of mayonnaise; and a vegan burger that I bought in the supermarket. It was made with mushrooms más peppers.
Tagged fitgirls...your turn!
My lovely boyfriend said he wanted to surprise me and cook me a VSG friendly dinner so he made tiny little haloumi and beef sliders (I only ate about 3/4 of one) it was a bit cute. Thank you @boska_vodka 😘
A beautiful setting for this morning's tempo run. 8 hilly trail kilometres banked before breakfast 🙅🏼
I'm spending 3 days down in Ipswich helping to look after my newborn niece, which means trying to keep on top of marathon training whilst simultaneously working and keeping a small human alive
This is the first time I’ve ever posted a #womp for a full day because, if truth be told I’ve always been too embarrassed to due to how much I ate plus my over reliance on protein bars - quest bars in particular. But as I’ve mentioned my hunger levels have decreased dramatically since I’ve changed my training so this is what happened yesterday- and a long time overdue tag response for @rivka.dale 😀❤️ I was in the office yesterday so this would be a pretty typical day. I love my veggies as you can see but those chocolate covered rice cakes are so delicious and a treat in my day. I’ll look to do another post soon comparing what I used to eat so you can see the difference. And also happy that I’m no longer relying on those protein bars to get me through the day 😀😀 #bbgmums#mbb#bbgmoms#bbgover40
REPOST and share!! Tag me back so I can read yours 🤗
I wasn’t tagged... but I love these things!! Lol - so here we go:
1. April, 2017
2. PITA 🍕
3. Fitgirlquest 🏰
4. Slimmer face in selfies 🤳🏼
6. Hiking & yoga
8. #sweatyselfie T-shirt
10. Drop a dress size by may👗