I hear This very Japanese style of butchering a #chickenwing flat is tediously difficult. The end result is worth it as you get to peel the bones away and enjoy a perfectly cooked lip smacking boneless chicken wing. Don't ignore those tiny radius and ulna though. Nibble those little nibbly bits of chicken off please. Those nibbles are the #bestpart#nibblets#yakitori .
More dinner pics from my dinner with @cindyhs825 and Julie at this yakitori place in Torrance...
1) The Torihei tsukune skewers
2) Soboro don - ground chicken on rice served with pickled daikon
3) Miso soup for the soboro don
4) Pork dumpling oden -not quite the version I'm used to!
5) Smelt fish skewers
6) Beef tongue skewers
7) Pork belly skewers - last order of the night!
Finally made it to this popular yakitori izakaya with @cindyhs825 and Julie in Torrance!
1) Seared wagyu beef tataki
2) Needed the Sapporo draft beers - Julie opted for the Chardonnay...
3) Cucumbers and tomatoes with sesame oil
4) Cabbage with housemade spicy sauce
5) Hamachi sashimi
6) Shiitake mushroom skewer
7) Spicy chilled chicken skin - very good!
8) Chicken breast skewers with wasabi and mentaiko.