#day20 19/01/18 today is the Happy birthday of my most favourite person in the world, my mummy #guru 😎! #myhero#mylifeline my #raisondêtre , forever my inspiration! she was watching me practice and got very happy with my second position stretch.. It reminded her of my days as a #dancer & #instructor with #shiamakdavar .. I may look like I am really at peace here, but actually my face is numb from not being able to feel my inner thigh (after feeling that it's been ripped apart) 🤣🤣 I am so grateful for all those years of training, made me understand my body so well.. these hip opening poses go a long way and really help stay in an #asana comfortably.. As the ultimate goal is to be able to hold a pose comfortably for a while, which is the meaning of #asana#yogagoals#yoga#hathayoga#yogaeverydamnday#yogalife#findingshanti 💛🦄☯️
That proud moment when you accomplish something that you thought was impossible! I remember the first time I was able to hold myself up in #eightanglepose or #astavakrasana I was so proud and excited to see what my body was capable of. It spurred my love of armbalances many of which are still impossible but not forever 😉 I love teaching this pose to others and seeing their excitement and sharing in their joy as they accomplish something they thought impossible. Is there something you think is just not possible, is our of reach for you?
I have a confession to make: the day we were taking this pic was the first time I ever touched the ground. I was very close but also very afraid to go that last half an inch because, it’s happened before that I exhaled, pushed that extra bit and hurt myself, so I tend to be extra careful and go literally one millimeter at a time… This day something happened, felt more opened and connected to the legs so I could push the thighs strongly down to create more space (and arch) in the spine and, when the toes landed, it wasn’t that overwhelming (only a bit). When I pulled out the pic from 4 years ago, I was surprised at the differences. I think the images speak for themselves and the spine, shoulders and flexors have greatly improved their range. There’s also a lot more grounding in the legs. I’m happy because that flexibility is what I’ve been working the most in the past few years. Some people like to practice what they do best but I’m the opposite, I find many more lessons to learn and a lot of humbleness in practicing those asanas I’m not ‘good at’ or feel outside my comfort zone. Those make us grow in unexpected ways. Wherever you are, keep at it!! Take a pic and incorporate this consistently to see what difference #ayearofyoga2018 can make!!!
La verdad es que me ha encantado leer las #10cosassobremi de @reinodenita @irya_devi y @aidaventure y he pensado que igual a alguien también le interese saber algo de mi persona.
10 cosas sobre mí:
1. Me llamo Julia y los demás me llaman así porque ese es mi nombre. Aunque hay gente que tiene la manía de quererme y llamarme Maru, Juliette, Julie o Julieta. Mi nombre espiritual es Yoguineando y significa hacer yoga con torpeza. Me encanta.
2. Tengo 31 años y, aunque históricamente me han echado siempre menos, ahora que me estoy dejando las canas crecer, parece que ya no me ven tan niña. Tengo un mechón blanco en el flequillo al que le estoy tomando mucho cariño.
3. Tengo una hermana gemela, que también es mi alma gemela, una hermana mayor con la que comparto un montón de cosas y un hermano mayor que es un samugo pero es muy gracioso y lo quiero un montón.Nuestros padres son artistas y nos enseñaron a disfrutar y a compartir el arte (aunque les costó bastante que nos dejáramos de inseguridades y miedos). Mi madre es pintora y mi padre toca la guitarra de pm desde los 13 años, y sigue haciéndolo a pesar de que se cortó los tendones de la mano izquierda en un accidente hace unos años.
4. Estudié un grado superior en Alojamiento, la licenciatura en Humanidades, un máster de investigación en letras y un máster en Marketing. Sólo después de 300 títulos me di cuenta de que estudiar solo sirve si es algo que realmente te gusta y lo haces para ti mismo, no para encontrar trabajo.
5. Llevo trabajando desde los 18 años, siempre compaginándolo con los estudios. He hecho de todo: dependienta, camarera, cajera, bibliotecaria, recepcionista, administrativa, asistenta de marketing, de prensa, gestora cultural, intérprete, profesora de inglés y asistente de español, entre otros (confieso que he tenido que consultar mi cv, de la mayoría ya no me acordaba). Ahora soy profesora de yoga y acroyoga, pero quién sabe si dentro de 20 años seré adiestradora de hormigas. (Sigue en comentarios porque habló más que un sacamuelas)
🙏Yoga, Then Tacos 🌮
Day 10 of #mantras4thenewyear is
Wearing @aloyoga Goddess Leggings and Top from @target 😘
And Sponsored By: @aloyoga !😀
Let's Do This!
I had written a whole caption for this photo, but I decided to talk about something entirely different.
We love traveling in the RV. It allows us to be outside and breath fresh air. We feel free and able to travel wherever we want, whenever we want. We live on what we have. We conserve water and resources. It’s living small but thriving.
One of the things I like most is being able to just be myself. I can wear the same outfit every day. There’s no pressure about makeup or the size of my body. I have to meet no expectations of anyone, not even myself.
Part of our trip we joined a group of young people who RV. It was strange because they introduced themselves by the names of their blogs or their YouTube channels. There was a real sense of competition, particularly about the size of your rig and how much you had. I felt like I was drawn right back into the pressures of society.
I felt angry and then I felt depressed. I felt like we didn’t belong. We weren’t acceptable by this group because we have a tiny trailer and a portable solar panel. Sounds ridiculous right?
These thoughts and pressures are always there. We can’t run away from them. Happiness is a daily practice, not a goal. When I remembered that I felt a lot better.
“The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.” .
Happy Friday! Can’t believe we are almost done with the challenge not ready for it to be over 😩
Day 9 of #NewYearNewAspirations
So yesterday when I was filming this I archived one of my goals for this year and it was to lower from handstand to eight angle I couldn’t believe I was able to do it i had to video it several times this was my fourth attempt! 🙌🏼🙈🤗 Even my 9 year old was cheering me on! He’s my biggest motivator! 💙 Always believe in yourself!
See my co-host @thatbbgmom post for tips on this arm balance -
To be eligible for prizes:
•Follow all of the hosts and sponsors
•Repost the flyer
•Post daily according to the poses
•Tag us in your posts and use the hashtag #NewYearNewAspirations ❤️ And please make sure your account is set to public so we can see your daily posts! --
For those who like to plan ahead👉🏼
Day 1- Tree pose ✔️
Day 2- Crow ✔️
Day 3- Eagle pose ✔️
Day 4- Toe stand ✔️
Day 5- Extended hand to toe ✔️
Day 6- Half moon ✔️
Day 7- Lord of the Dance ✔️
Day 8- Side plank ✔️
Day 9- Eight angle ✔️
Day 10- Hand/forearm/headstand (yogis choice)
First attempt this morning after a BRUTAL boot camp class. (10 days it's been since that class and I missed this sweet soreness!) 💪
The last few days I have been Planning. Imagining. Hoping. Scheduling. Researching. Asking. Writing.
I am so so excited to share some new changes with you all, and I hope you will join me in the excitement about some new life decisions I'm making. 🙏
Love love and only love. 💙
I had the craziest dream last night. .
Try to follow me if you'd like...
A girlfriend from High School was going to drive me to my car because it was raining. We were indoors though.
When we got to my car she tried to brake but slipped forward over a staircase and went crashing down. Somehow I managed to jump out of the car and cling to a window sill on the second story.
I only had about 3 inches of ledge to stand on though so once I heard that my friend was okay it sunk in I was 2 stories off the ground standing on this tiny ledge. .
Everything was soaking wet and people were slipping everywhere. They were trying to make a plan to get me down safely. Someone asked me to jump and they'd catch me but there was no way I was jumping.
Tons of people were there. My parents, some friends, Phoebe from Friends...
And oddly enough the rescue crew was a few guys I went to high school with but never really talked to irl. .
I was trying to call my husband but my phone had somehow morphed into a tiny astronaut toy. It was all kinds of strange.
I decided to throw everything I was holding off the cliff so I could focus on holding on better.
At that moment, I could hear my breath.
A few moments later I was finally rescued but was still panting. I woke up shortly and was still panting. .
Talk about weird, very vivid dreams that make zero sense. 😳
Oh and here's a yoga pose 😂
What are your go to •natural• migraine/headache cures? Today was one of those days where I woke up at 4am feeling a migraine coming on, fell back asleep and then woke up forreal at 7 with a full on migraine. I used some CBD lotion (probs could have used more) had some green tea, drank 32oz of water and still nothing. With very little time to feel better I ended up having to take an excedrin (which I really dislike doing) and laid back down for 30 mins before I started feeling better.
It’s FriYay!! Happy Dance!💃
This weekend is going to be epic! Tomorrow I’m going to a full day workshop with @kinoyoga at @yogapathpalmbeach!💃🤸🏼♀️🧘🏼♀️
I am beyond thrilled!💕
Wearing: @omsoulshop crop top😍
@anapoenergy mala ✨
@aloyoga leggings 💕
• 19.01.18 • Spread The Love • For those of you who haven’t seen me gushing all over my insta-story, I came home from the gym to this beaut from @emilycatherinemessenger who is my long term best friend since childhood 🙋🏼♀️ A personalised YOGA notebook from @papier 😍 Trust me, it’s love. So whether it’s a text, a postcard or a gift, surprise someone you love and make their day 🧡•