Mexican Chicken Soup! Fast, easy, accidentally healthy, and SO TASTY!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded (about 1 pound uncooked)
- Avocado, cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips, for serving, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened and the onion has started to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, tomatoes and juice, jalapeno, cumin, coriander, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir in chicken and cilantro (if using). Serve, offering avocado, cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips on the side.
Subliminal messaging works y'all 😝 @treatyoaktx in Dripping Springs JUST opened their full kitchen called Ghost Hill to pair with their delicious house crafted spirits and brews. Pictured is the brisket bahn mi, they smoke their brisket on the property and it's just another one of the special things about Treaty Oak! I love how dreamy their property is. Big Texas oak trees adorn the land, you can take a distillery tour, or grab a drink and sit on the picnic tables. This is a place to come unwind and the restaurant is a great addition to allow you even more ways to do that. Definitely go see them next time you want to celebrate Sunday Funday right!
Smoke n Smash double cheeseburger.
Smash patties are crunchy and amazing, smoked patties are soft and delicious - why not both?!
Featuring one smoked patty and one smashed patty this burger has it all!
Mooncake Giveaway 🌛✨ Heres a box of double yolk white lotus mooncake, anyone who spends over $20 in the @sussexcentre will be eligible for one! Grab yours whilst stocks last. Food idea of how to spend your $21 in the previous post 😳❤️
In the mood for a sweet treat tonight? This ooey, gooey single serve chocolate mug cake is just the ticket! Click the link in my profile to get the recipe!
iSteaks is one of my favourite places to visit if I'm craving steak without needing to rob a bank.
For around $20 you get a 250g ribeye and 2 sides. I got the Mac and cheese and spinach cause yknow, #balance . The ribeye was grilled to a good medium rare and had a nice ratio of fat to meat. If you're sharing, remember to keep the cap for yourself ;)
Quinoa Taco Soup with Mexican shredded cheese, green onions, jalapeños, @salsavalentinaoficial, and instead of sour cream I made a Greek yogurt mixture (plain Greek yogurt, hot sauce, cilantro, and lime juice)