Ingredients: • 3 cups sugar
• 6 cups water • 1 tbsp cardamom powder • 2 tbsps rose water • 2 cups condensed Blissfresh milk (boil milk till it condenses and add sugar) • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder • Approximately 1 cup thickened/ heavy/ double cream • Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower oil for deep frying
Preparation: • Mix the water and sugar in a deep pan and boil till all the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the flame and add the cardamom powder and rose water. Mix well and keep aside.
• Mix the Blissfresh milk (boil milk till it condenses and add sugar), all purpose flour and baking powder well. Add a little of the thickened cream at a time to them and knead to make a dough that is medium soft but not sticky. You DO NOT need to use all the cream. Just add a little at a time until you reach the consistency of dough you are after.
• Divide the dough into walnut sized balls and roll between slightly greased palms till smooth.
• Heat the oil for deep frying in a wide pan on a low to medium flame.
• Fry the dumplings, stirring often to brown on all sides. Do not cook on very high heat as the dumplings will burn on the outside and remain raw inside!
• When cooked, drain (with a slotted spoon), remove the dumplings from the oil and transfer immediately into the sugar syrup.
• Repeat this till all the dumplings are cooked and added to the syrup.
• Allow the dumplings to soak in the syrup for at least 2 hours before serving. At this point they can either be removed from the syrup and served or served with the syrup.
• Some serving suggestions: Warm Gulab Jamuns with ice cream; Gulab Jamun with thick cream; Gulab Jamun garnished with shavings of dried fruit like pistachio and almond.
To order your pack call: 09594651596.
Pamper yourself to milk-shakes that are topped with ice cream, chocolate and a lot more. Are you part of the freak-shake fever too?
To order your pack call: 095946 51596.