To keep in like with the #bestnine2017 trend, here's the top 9 favourite theatre experiences of 2017. 88 shows in 3 countries, can't wait to see what 2018 brings. In chronological order:
1. Ruth Wilson in Hedda Gabler and the subsequent speech for Women's March.
2. Bandstand. There are few things as memorable in a theatre geek's life as hearing an 11 o'clock number from @lauraosnes for the first time.
3. Waitress with @sarabareilles. I've never spent so much on a ticket or waiting at a stage door but I'd do it again if I could. I'm also gutted I'll miss Betsy but that's another topic.
4. Kinky Boots. Craziest stage door I've ever seen but I'm so glad I got lucky with the P!ATD fans around me. When I told them I came from England to see @taylizlou and not Brendon like them, they pushed me forward and stopped her for me. People can be surprising.
5. Dear Evan Hansen. Would I spent two nights on the streets again knowing Ben Platt would be off? Absolutely.
6. West End Live. Those costume selfies were too much fun.
7. Seeing @audramcdonald in concert, on stage and most of all, being ON a stage with the lights on us while she's directly speaking to me. Can't beat that moment.
8. Everything about Angels in America. The script, the cast, the performances and meeting Denise Gough.
9. Hamilton first preview. You can't beat being in the room with the entire creative team.
Happy Birthday @jhsoos!!! 💚💚💜💜💙💙 It's been a fun ride of summer vacations, concerts, nights out, art exhibitions, day and night seatings, wedding plannings and who knows what else. Can't wait to copy our moms and rock the next 30 years too! PS: I've long forgiven you for stealing my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stickers when we were 5!
I just turned on the heating for the first time this year and realized I was swimming in the Mediterranean yesterday. But hey, at least I'm back in London after a pretty shitty airport experience. #jaffa#beachtime#lastminutetan#backpacking