These coconut muffins are EPIC!!! They are sooooo fluffy and take only 20 minutes to bake. I whipped them up on my lunch break yesterday. Recipe:
- 160ml tinned coconut milk
- 140ml soy milk
- juice of half a lemon (1tbsp)
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 150g non dairy margarine
- 275g self raising flour (or plain white flour with 3tsp baking powder)
- 175g sugar of choice. I used raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut, plus a lot more for sprinkling on top
- preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- pour both milks into a bowl / measuring jug and add the lemon juice. Let sit for a few minutes.
- melt the butter in a pan with the maple syrup. If some of the coconut milk was solid you can melt the lumps in with them too.
- sieve flour, baking powder (if using), bicarb and sugar into a mixing bowl. Add 4 tbsp desiccated coconut. Stir to combine evenly
- pour in both wet mixtures - the butter and the milk. - stir to combine into a smoothe batter. Note you will have teeny lumps as there is dedicated coconut in there which will not melt.
- pour into muffin cases and sprinkle on a generous amount of desiccated coconut on top of each. They rise a lot so only fill them a little more than half way. - Bake for about 20 minutes to cook. Use a skewer to check they are done: if it comes out clean, they are!
I got 15 muffins out of this mixture.
Always a favourite 👌🏻 Simple Pasta Florentine
Cooked up organic brown rice penne pasta
Wilted a whole bag of spinach and cooked with mushrooms and 2 cloves of garlic
Added to homemade vegan white sauce which consisted of a roux made with vegan butter and organic white flour, then added organic soy milk and whisked out the lumps until thick and creamy. Seasoned sauce with salt, pepper, nutmeg and garlic powder. Yummy! 😍
Quick break in Veganuary! .... This documentary called Unrest on Netflix is about the struggles of living with chronic fatigue syndrome.
Having been a witness first hand to this confusing and debilitating illness for almost 5 years now, I’m amazed at the strength and courage it took for them to create it.
One day, I’m sure they will eventually have the right support and treatments available for this illness, but in meantime, this certainly goes a long way to raising awareness.
To all the CFS warriors out there - stay strong and keep going 💪 #chronicfatiguesyndrome#unrest
Can vegans still eat pizza 🤔....... hell yeah we can!!!! This Is a small hot veggie with no cheese from #fourstarpizza#veganuary 🌱 served with some Vegenaise which is soooo much nicer than mayo! Can also add garlic to make garlic mayo. Perfect 👌🏻
I had never even thought about veganism before watching this documentary over two years ago. Before that, I had never really thought about what I ate and the effect it was having. I’m not sure I even knew what veganism was. This documentary changed everything for me! Watch it now on Netflix to find out how non vegans cope on a vegan diet for six weeks! #veganchallenge#veganuary 🌱