A while ago, I was told by one of my beta readers that a character in this book reminded her of one of the characters in Royal Thief (Desini). I'm pretty fond of Desini, so I'm excited to finally read this book and see what they meant!
Has anyone else read this? What did you think?
Normally, I'm not as into spooky things. Mostly because I have an imagination that's wayyyy too overactive. But, there are a few Halloweenie things I love. Like Nightmare Before Christmas! (Does that count as a Christmas, or Halloween movie? Either way, I'm a huge fan. 😂)
And look at this Nightmare before Christmas rice bag from @bookishstardesigns ! Isn't it just perfect?! Also, I was tagged by @fionareidywritey for the #bookishlywriteysept17 prompt, Manga or Graphic Novels. I'm definitely more of a graphic novel gal. And I can't wait to read this one my one of my favorite authors, Laini Taylor!
(Sorry for that long-winded post...I wasn't expecting to get as excited as I did 😜) #bookstagram#bookishstardesigns#etsy#thedrowned#graphicnovel#lainitaylor#halloween#nightmarebeforechristmas#ricebags#13daysofspooky
It's finally cool enough to have a hot cup of tea in the afternoon and wear my comfy, fuzzy socks! It makes me insanely happy!!!
The socks are a little gross looking, so they didn't make it into the picture. But they still deserve an honorable mention! 😉
I hope everyone has had a nice, relaxing day! Mine's been a little crazy, but at least I can rest a bit now!
Also, here's me catching up on another tag! This one's been on my list for wayyy too long. I was tagged by @onceupon_a_bookdream for the #rapidfirebooktag2 Thanks so much!
1. Physical or Ebook? _ Physical for sure!
2. Hardpack or paperback? _ Paperback if I'm going anywhere, but I also love the look of hardbacks!
3.Heroes or Villians? _ Heroes, usually. Although I'm generally a fan of antiheroes and morally ambiguous characters too.
4.Trilogy or Series ? _ Both!!!!
5. Last book you read? _ An Accident of Stars, by Foz Meadows
6. Second hand books ? _ Yes! I love used books!!!
7. Book everyone should read? _ Oh my gosh! I can't pick just one!!!!
8. First three books that come to mind?_ A Natural History of Dragons, The Fifth Season, Harry Potter
9. Movie better than book? _ Haha, not normally
10. Do you judge a book by its cover? _ I try not to, but sometimes I just can't help it!
11. Top 3 genres? _ Fantasy, Sci-fi, Historical Fiction
12. Long or Short? _ Long, definitely!
13. Our World or Fictional ? _ Fictional!
"No mourners, no funerals." I'm pretty cautious about books, especially ones that have such big hype. So it took me a little while to give Six of Crows a read. But I have to say, these books definitely live up to the hype!!!!! They're so great!
You know what's also great? My beautiful new bookmark from @nicholartdesigns
Look how pretty it is!!!!!! #bookstagram#bookmarks#nicholartdesigns#sixofcrows#leighbardugo#crookedkingdom#reading