Road Trip Baking!
1) Pumpkin Muffins
2) Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
3) Vegan GF Crackers 🌿✅
- all 3 are great road trip recipes from @ohsheglows 🌿💚 These crackers are even healthier when you make little sandwiches out of them with crunchy almond butter.
Vegan GF Crackers🌿
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup while almonds ground
2 T ground flax
1 T nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried rosemary
Scant 1/4 tsp baking powder
2 T sesame seeds
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp olive oil •
Preheat oven to 350 - line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Grind almond to flour
Do not overprocess and sift to remove any big pieces. •
In large bowl mix dry ingredients. Add water and oil and knead with your hands until it all comes together. Shape into a ball. •
Place ball on parchment paper and roll dough until 1/8" thick ( I used another piece of parchment paper on top to keep it from sticking while rolling )
Slice into cracker shapes with pastry wheel.
Bake at 350 F for 18-20 mins until golden in colour and crisp.
Road trip worthy and READY!! #roadtripsnacks#ohsheglows#veganshare#veganrecipes#healthysnack#veganfood#vegansofinstagram#plantbased#glutenfreecrackers#dairyfreesnacks#wholefoods#healthychoices#cholesterolfree#soyfree#healthiswealth#govegan
Why I keep a supply of Chaga Tea, considered a Superfood, in my fridge at all times and aim to have some on a regular basis. ☕️ ✅ Highest ORAC score of any superfood. ORAC is s measure of antioxidant potency and Chaga's massive amounts of natural black pigment known as melanin give it this very noteworthy distinction.
Top Six Health Benefits ••• 1) Immune System 🌿
This tea is high in Beta-D-Glucans which helps balance our body's immune response - boosting when needed or slowing it down when overactive.
Also activates immune cells responsible for fighting cancer's initiation. As well it's effective in providing support during chemotherapy's negative side effects. ••• 2) Soothing 🌿
Provides soothing support for blood vessels in times of irritation which can be helpful for those suffering from pain, neuropathy, and diabetes. ••• 3) Ulcers and Gastritis 🌿
Chaga's immune boosting properties help fight the helicopter-bacter pylori bacteria that causes stomach ulcers. ••• 4) Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Levels 🌿
Research shows that the betulinic acid found in Chaga can break down the bad LDL cholesterol as well as help stabilize blood pressure levels. ••• 5) Antimicrobial & Antioxidant Activity 🌿
Chaga has been shown to have high antioxidant, antimicrobial, and antiviral properties. In 2 recent studies on skin, Chaga mushroom showed protective support against harsh skin blemishes.
The darkness of Chaga indicates a high level of antioxidants ( substances that protect cells against the ravages of free radicals ~ molecules formed when the body breaks down food, tobacco smoke and radiation. ) Free radicals can play a role in causing heart disease, cancer and other chronic disease. ••• 6) DNA Protection 🌿
When cells are pretreated with Chaga mushroom extract then treated to induce oxidative stress, the pretreated cells displayed less DNA damage than the cells that did not receive the Chaga.
Coconut-Crusted Fishless Sticks [ Vegan ]
This recipe from @foodmonsterapp uses whole Hearts of Palm to veganize an old favourite of children by carefully tearing the whole hearts of palm into pieces that are then shaped into "fish" sticks then coated and baked.
The Dill Mayonaisse uses vegan mayo and fresh dill to make this look and taste quite a bit like the real deal ( although WAY better of course). ••• Tip: I would omit any added salt and rinse the hearts of palm really well unless you like a high salt taste. 🍃🌿
Hearts of Palm are harvested from the inner core and growing bud of certain palm trees. 🌿
1) Zinc - contains a high content of this mineral which helps heal wounds as it plays a role in cell division, and cell growth. It's needed for the body's immune system to properly work, is also necessary for the senses of smell and taste, and needed to help breakdown carbohydrates.
2) Vitamin B2 - important for red blood cell function of carrying oxygen throughout the body. Vitamin B6 - crucial mood stabilizer ( western diets are deficient in this vitamin,,, causing road rage etc!) 3) Fiber - a rich source of fiber that helps balance levels of cholesterol and glucose in the blood, helps prevent colon cancer and regulates intestinal transit.
4) Good source of iron, potassium, phosphorus, copper, vitamin C and beta-carotene.