Repost @recipe_tin 💥💥💥💥💥 One for my friends suffering through a deep freeze. ❄️❄️❄️ Because I feel bad telling you how I’m sitting here on a sun lounge overlooking the ocean on a 40C/104F day with clear blue skies, a frozen mango smoothie by my side wondering if I should take a dip at the beach - again!😂 True Blue Sydney Summer Scorcher - check out my set up in IG stories, I dragged the FAN outside!!! Is that bogan???🤔
Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast
1 - 2 kg / 2-4 lb beef chuck roast
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion (large) , cut into large dice
5 garlic cloves , peeled and smashed
5 carrots , peeled and cut into 2.5cm/1" pieces
3 celery stalks , cut into 4 cm / 1.5" pieces
1 cup / 250 ml dry red wine
3 cups / 750 ml beef broth , salt reduced
1/3 cup / 50g flour (plain / all purpose)
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
750 g - 1 kg / 1.5-2lb potatoes , peeled and cut into 2.5 cm / 1" pieces
1. Sprinkle beef with S&P, heat oil and brown beef all over VERY well.
2. Transfer to slow cooker. Cook onions and garlic in skillet, once brown add red wine. Reduce by half, add to slow cooker.
3. Mix flour with about 1 cup broth (lumps ok), tip into slow cooker with everything else except potatoes.
4. Slow cook 5 hours on low, pressure cook 45 minutes on high.
5. Add potatoes. Slow cooker 3 hours, pressure cook 10 minutes. Revmoe beef, adjust salt to taste in gravy. Rest beef 5 minutes then slice thickly. Serve with LOTS of gravy!