Sad story time. Yesterday at work I found this little fellow laying on the ground, unable to move, and begging for help right by the entrance of one of YouTube's offices. He showed signs of poisoning and dehydration, so I immediately moved him to a box, tried feeding him or giving him water, while rushing him to a hospital. No vets in the Bay Area would take him and PETA advised me to take him to animal control. The vet there has had rat as companions before and has saved many from poisoning, but this guy was unfortunately way too gone. He had spasms, short convulsions, and was completely unresponsive. He was euthanized with lethal injection to stop suffering. He wasn't even aware of his surroundings anymore. I am disgusted to find out by surprise that my workplace uses the barbaric, dangerous, and environmentally-irresponsible rodent control method of poisoning, which not only kills rodents slowly and painfully (literal animal torture), but also kills wildlife and possibly pets who might eat the dead carcass or feces from the poisoned rat. It is now my personal commitment to get Google to stop using inhumane rodent control in all of its offices. I thought that Google would be better than this. Absolutely shameful.