'sup punks 👊 This is another pretty simple one that we wanted to share with you - black bean and jackfruit chilli.
• Tag a punk that needs this chilli in their life 🌶
• Serves four
• 280g jackfruit - shredded (that's a 560g tin once drained) 🌿 400g tin black beans - drained and rinsed 🌿 2 400g tins of tomatoes 🌿 250g chestnut mushrooms - quartered 🌿 1 onion - chopped 🌿 2 carrots - peeled and sliced 🌿 1 red pepper - roughly chopped 🌿 1/2 lime 🌿 2 tsp smoked paprika 🌿 1 tsp chilli powder 🌿 1 tsp cumin 🌿 1 bay leaf 🌿 300g brown rice 🌿 Salt to taste 🌿 1 tsp coconut oil
• Brown rice usually takes 30 minutes to cook, so if your rice says to do that, get it on to cook, otherwise try time it so the rice is ready after 30 minutes 🌿 Get a large pan nice and hot and add the coconut oil 🌿 Add the onion and cook until it softens 🌿 Add the spices and stir for a minute 🌿 Add the mushrooms and pepper for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally 🌿 Add the tomatoes and stir well 🌿 Add the carrots, jack fruit, bay leaf, juice of the lime and stir in 🌿 Once bubbling, turn down to a simmer 🌿 Add the black beans and keep cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally 🌿 Add salt to taste 🌿 Serve!
This one's for all the busy (and lazy) punks out there 👊 Our PB and miso stir fry can be done in about 20 minutes, and we think it's pretty tasty too! We use a pre-mix stir fry veg bag to keep things super quick - we tend to go for something that has carrot, cabbage, onion, beansprouts and broccoli (we add extra broccoli, because broccoli kicks ass)...don't let us tell you what to do though, use whatever damn vegetables you want.
• Tag the busiest or laziest punk you know so they have a new dinner idea 😉
• Serves two
• 3 cloves garlic - finely chopped 🌿 450g stir fry veg bag 🌿 125g mushrooms 🌿 90g broccoli 🌿 1 tsp chilli flakes 🌿 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter 🌿 2 tbsp tamari 🌿 2 tbsp water 🌿 2 tbsp nooch 🌿 1 tsp white miso 🌿 Handful of peanuts - chopped 🌿 100g brown rice noodles 🌿 1 tsp coconut oil
• In a wok, get the coconut oil nice and hot 🌿 Add the garlic and chilli flakes, and stir for 30 seconds 🌿 Add the mushrooms for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally 🌿 Add the stir fry veg and broccoli and keep it moving whilst it cooks down a bit, for 5 minutes 🌿 Reduce the wok to a medium heat and get a pan of water on for the noodles 🌿 Make a well in the middle of the wok and add the peanut butter, nooch, miso, tamari and water 🌿 Let it heat up so the peanut butter is melting and then stir through 🌿 Put the noodles in to cook (in the pan of water), which should take 4-5 minutes, stir the vegetable frequently while the noodles are on 🌿 Serve (with extra chilli flakes if that's your thing 🔥)
Hey punks! We've been making loads of smoothies in the last couple of days, we've been craving healthy foods after Christmas! This is our mango & matcha super smoothie. Here's the recipe:
• Serves 2
🌿1 ripe mango 🌿1 banana 🌿1/2 tsp organic matcha powder
🌿1.5 tsp fresh ginger 🌿Juice of half a lemon 🌿Handful of ice • Method:
🌿Throw everything in a powerful blender and blitz until smooth - that's it!
Tag a punk who might like to make this! And big shout out to @deadheadcandles we had to use this awesome (and vegan!) skull candle with our matching skull jar 💀😍🌿
Dear restaurants, please stop serving risotto up as your only vegan option because it makes people bored of it, and risotto is actually kinda great, love #veganpunks x
• On that note...here's our super rich and creamy risotto - tag a punk who would love this 👊
• Serves four
• 1.5 tbsp vegan butter 🌿 1 tbsp olive oil 🌿 2 leeks - rinsed and sliced 🌿 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped 🌿 300g risotto rice 🌿 850ml vegetable stock 🌿 250g chestnut mushrooms - sliced 🌿 100g spinach 🌿 2 small carrots - peeled and sliced 🌿 2 tbsp vegan parmesan (recipe below) 🌿 Cashew cream (recipe below) 🌿 Black pepper to taste
• Heat a large pan over a medium heat, add the oil and butter until the butter melts 🌿 Add the garlic and leeks and fry for 5-8 minutes until the leeks have softened 🌿 Add the mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes 🌿 Add the rice and stir through 🌿 Add half of the vegetable stock and black pepper to taste, bring up to boil and then lower to a simmer, stirring often 🌿 Add the carrots, stir and cook for another 2 minutes 🌿 Add half of the remaining stock, keep stirring until the liquid has mostly absorbed 🌿 Add the rest of the stock, the cashew cream and parmesan, then cook until the remaining liquid has gone, stirring frequently 🌿 Just before serving, add the spinach and stir through to wilt 🌿 Serve with some extra parmesan
• Cashew parmesan: 3/4 cup cashews 🌿 1/4 tsp garlic powder 🌿 3 tbsp nutritional yeast - blend until it looks like parmesan
• Cashew cream: 1 cup cashews - put in a cup and fill with water until the cashews are just covered, soak for a few hours and then blend
👊🚨 Vegan Omelette recipe alert – and it's a cheat recipe too 🚨 👊
Punks, we've woken up today super motivated and ready to kick butt in 2018, and made this vegan omelette. It's a cheat's guide because we used a pre-made mix from @terravegane and we must say, it's very good! Swipe ➡ ➡ to see a pic of it (we got given this for Christmas as a present – this isn't a sponsored post, just FYI). Here's how we made this corker:
• Serves one
🌿 4 tbsp of Terra Vegane mix
🌿 4 tbsp water
🌿 65g mushrooms
🌿 1 garlic clove (chopped very small)
🌿 1 tbsp chives (chopped)
🌿 1 tsp rapeseed oil
🌿 Combine the water and the omelette mix in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
🌿 Put the oil in a frying pan and heat gently
🌿 Add the garlic and mushrooms and fry for a few minutes
🌿 Add the chives
🌿 Pour over the omelette mixture
🌿 Heat gently for 2-3 minutes
🌿 Once you're feeling brave, flip the omelette onto the other side and cook for another 2-3 minutes
🌿 Serve with chives on top for that 'Instagram-able breakfast' look 👊
Looking for something to cheer you up after going back to work this week? Well, punks, this garlic bread will do the trick - and there's only four ingredients! Here's the (very simple) recipe:
• Ingredients: 🌿 Ciabatta 🌿 Garlic infused olive oil
🌿 4-5 garlic cloves (chopped very finely)
🌿 Pinch of salt
🌿 Chop ciabatta into slices 🌿 Line a baking tray with parchment paper
🌿Lay the ciabatta slices on the baking tray and douse generously with the garlic infused olive oil 🌿 Spread the garlic on the bread generously and add a sprinkle of salt
🌿 Bake for 15 minutes on gas mark 5 until there's a light crispness to the bread - it may take a bit more or less, depending on your oven.
• Enjoy with pasta or any other carb, or just a yummy snack! #carbsoncarbs#veganpunks
Are you giving #veganuary a go this January? If so, this porridge is the perfect way to start the day – and super simple too! •
If you usually get a 'just add water' porridge – don't worry this isn't too difficult to make, just get up a few minutes earlier(!) – you'll thank us once you've tasted it!
Don't forget – sharing is caring so tag a mate who might like this! And there’s loads of advice over on the @weareveganuary page too 🙌💯🌿💚
• Serves two
🌿 1 cup oats (we used Flahavan's Organic Porridge Oats)
🌿 2 1/2 cups almond milk (we use Rude Health's organic Almond and Rice milk)
🌿 1 apple - grated
🌿 1 big carrot - peeled and grated
🌿 2 tbsp maple syrup
🌿 1 tsp cinnamon powder
🌿 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
🌿 2 tbsp raisins (and more for on top)
🌿 1 handful of walnuts -chopped
🌿 Combine the oats and milk in a saucepan and cook over a high heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture boils. 🌿 Turn the heat down so that the oats start to simmer. 🌿 Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, carrot, apple, maple syrup and raisins.🌿 Keep stirring continuously until the oats turn into a porridge-like consistency.🌿 Once you're happy with the consistency, serve up into two warming bowls and add the walnuts and extra raisins on top. You could even add more almond milk if you fancy it.
'sup punks 👊 We had to go back to work today and it sucks! 2018 goals: find a way to go full time on Vegan Punks, release a cookbook, take over the world 🌍🙊 We needed something for lunches this week that'd power us through, so this delicious soup happened. Tag a punk who would like it!
• Six portions
• 1 onion - chopped 🌿 3 cloves garlic - chopped 🌿 1 medium potato - peeled and chopped 🌿 4 carrots - peeled and chopped 🌿 2 tomatoes - chopped 🌿 1 cup lentils 🌿 400ml tin coconut milk 🌿 800ml veg stock 🌿 2 tsp madras curry powder 🌿 1/2 tsp garam masala 🌿 1 tsp cumin 🌿 1 tsp coriander
• In a large pan, fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until the onion has softened 🌿 Add the spices and stir until fragrant 🌿 Add the potato, tomatoes, carrots, lentils and stir 🌿 Add the stock and coconut milk, then bring to the boil 🌿 Simmer for 20 minutes whilst covered 🌿 Blend until smooth
Happy New Year punks 👊 We thought we'd get in on this whole #bestnine2017 thing. We kicked off Vegan Punks back in February from the airport when we were leaving for our #backpackerhoneymoon through Asia and we can't believe how much our page has grown in just 10 months!
• We won't get soppy (that's not our style) but thanks for the follows, likes and comments - we love sharing our recipes with you. Expect big things in the next year as we'll be launching our website, Facebook page and creating recipe videos.
• Big up to all the #veganpunks out there – and don't forget, sharing is caring, so tag a punk who needs to follow us so they don't miss out on our recipes! Here's to 2018 🥂 🎉💚
Hey punks 👊 Hope you all had an awesome Christmas? We're over roast dinners now (until next week!), and we needed a fix of one of our favourite recipes that we've been meaning to share with you for a while - our peanut butter noodle soup...check it out👇
• Special shout-out to all the punks that have been making our recipes and sharing them - and remember to tag a #veganpunk you'd like to make this dish with in the comments 👇💚
• Serves two
• 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped 🌿 2 inch piece of ginger - finely chopped 🌿 250g chestnut mushrooms - sliced 🌿 150g broccoli - cut into small florets 🌿 1 tsp turmeric 🌿 1 tsp chilli powder (we like it hot, so half this and add more to taste if you're unsure) 🌿 1 tsp tamarind 🌿 1/2 lime 🌿 2 tbsp tamari/soy 🌿 4 tbsp peanut butter 🌿 400ml tin coconut milk 🌿 160ml tin coconut cream 🌿 1 cup water 🌿 100g spinach 🌿 100g brown rice noodles 🌿 Bonus meat replacement if that's your thing - we sometimes use 100g @frysfamily rice protein and chia stir-fry strips as a treat!
• Fry the garlic, ginger, turmeric and chilli in a little oil for a couple of minutes 🌿 Add the mushrooms and fry for another couple of minutes 🌿 Add the coconut cream and peanut butter, and heat for a minute whilst stirring 🌿 Add the coconut milk, tamari/soy, tamarind, lime juice and water and bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes (add stir-fry strips here if you're using them) 🌿 Add the broccoli and spinach, and put the noodles on in a separate pan - they'll probably take about 5 minutes but check the packet 🌿 Once the noodles are done, serve!
Merry Christmas punks 👊 Hope you're all having an awesome #plantpowered day! We were given lots of new pans and gear to start making videos of our recipes, so look out for that in the new year...once we've mastered video editing. Hope you all have a rad, fab, #crueltyfree Christmas 🎄🥂💚
Hey Punks 👊 Step away from the Christmas food and get some Pad Thai in you! How people like their Pad Thai varies, and the way it's traditionally served is with soy, peanuts, chilli and lime to add as you please, because no two punks are the same...
• 2 big portions
• Ingredients: • 2 tbsp oil (we use rapeseed or coconut) 🌿 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped 🌿 350g firm tofu - cut into 1cm strips 🌿 1 large carrot - diced 🌿 3 spring onions - thick slices 🌿 200g beansprouts 🌿 2 tbsp peanuts - chopped 🌿 3 tbsp tamari/soy 🌿 1 tsp coconut sugar 🌿 1/2 lime - juice 🌿 1 cup water 🌿 100g flat rice noodles
• Method: • Add the oil to a wok/large frying pan and get hot, and get a separate pan of water on 🌿 Add the garlic and fry for a minute 🌿 Add the tofu and fry for another 5 minutes or so (until the tofu has browned) 🌿 Add the carrot, spring onions, soy and sugar then keep stirring for another 5 minutes, add the noodles to the water at this point 🌿 Drain the noodles 🌿 Move everything to the side of the wok and add the water into the gap, then add the noodles, stirring everything together 🌿 Add the noodles and keep stirring 🌿 Once the water has cooked off add the peanuts and lime juice (give it a quick taste and add more soy if needed)
• To serve: chuck a bottle of soy, some sections of lime, chilli flakes and extra peanuts on the table so everybody can get that shit just the way they like it 👊
Punks, this is our ramyeon (Korean ramen)and it's rad! 👊It's the best noodle soup we make and it uses a traditional Korean chilli paste called gochujang - pretty spicy (so suited our tastes perfectly) but if you don't like super spicy soup then don't add so much! That's the beauty of Asian soup - you can so easily make it suit your taste.
It only takes 30 mins - we made it last night - you may still be able to catch it in our story before it disappears! Anyway, here's the recipe:
• Serves two
🌿1 tsp coconut oil 🌿1 tsp Gochujang (double up if you like it spicy)
🌿Small square of dried nori (sorry this isn't accurate, we did it by eye, just don't use a lot - seaweed can have a very strong taste)
🌿1 tsp chilli flakes 🌿4 cups boiling water
🌿3 garlic cloves 🌿2 carrots (sliced)
🌿250g pack of chestnut
mushrooms (cut into chunks)
🌿100g brocolli 🌿1 tbsp tamari 🌿2 tsp white miso paste 🌿2 tbsp nooch 🌿2 spring onions 🌿1/2 lime 🌿Wholewheat noodles (enough for two people - about 100g)
🌿Soak the seaweed in cold water 🌿In a big deep pan fry the garlic and chilli flakes for a few minutes (careful it doesn't burn)
🌿Add the chopped mushrooms and carrots for another few minutes 🌿Pour in the boiling water 🌿Add in gochujang, tamari, nooch, drained seaweed and miso. Stir it all up.
🌿Cook the noodles in a separate pan (they take about 5 mins), keep the broth simmering and add the brocolli 🌿While the noodles cook taste the broth to see if you want it spicier, saltier or with more miso flavour and adjust accordingly 🌿Squeeze in half a lime
🌿Serve the noodles into a big cosy bowl and pour the broth on top of the noodles. Garnish with sliced spring onions. Yum! 😍 We served this with shop bought #vegan gyozas from @itsuofficial because they're delicious and we were in a rush but you might want to make your own! Enjoy 😍
Happy Sunday punks! 👊 We're off work now until 2018 so we have some time to experiment with new recipes starting with this Chinese curry – it was our work Christmas party on Friday and we really wanted a takeaway last night to nurse the hangovers, so we threw this 'healthier' version together and it hit the spot! We thought it would be a nice break from all the Christmas food...
🌿 1 tsp coconut oil 🌿 1 green chilli - finely chopped 🌿 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped 🌿 1 onion - cut into big chunks 🌿 250g chestnut mushrooms - quartered 🌿 1/2 cup petit poi 🌿 300g firm tofu - pressed 🌿 100g broccoli - cut into florets 🌿 400ml stock 🌿 2 tbsp cornflour 🌿 3 tsp curry powder 🌿 1/2 tsp ginger powder 🌿 Pinch of cumin 🌿 Pinch of Chinese five spice
🌿 Press the tofu for a few hours and chop into slices 🌿 Dry fry the tofu until brown on all sides and then chop into chunks 🌿 Put the oil into a wok and let it get hot, add the onions and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften 🌿 Add the chilli and garlic, cook for a few minutes more 🌿 Add all the spices and cook for a minute until the spices become fragrant then stir in the flour 🌿 Add the vegetable stock and stir well, keep the wok over a medium heat (add more water if it looks too thick) 🌿 Add the mushrooms and cook for 5-6 mins 🌿 Add the broccoli florets, tofu, peas and cook for 8 minutes 🌿 Serve with brown rice
• Enjoy that home made takeaway goodness! 👊
Hey punks 👊 We used some of that leftover mac & cheese we shared with you to make these mac & jack burritos! A rad combo of mac & cheese, pulled bbq jackfruit and guac...it's certainly not the healthiest lunch, but fuck it, you need a treat sometimes! What's your favourite junk food lunch?
• Check out yesterday's post for the mac recipe 💚
'sup punks! 👊 There are over 10,000 of you following us now (thanks everyone)! That made us feel awesome, so we thought we'd drop a recipe that will (hopefully) make you feel awesome...everyone loves mac & cheese, right?! Here's our latest spin on it, our baked mac & three-cheese...
• 6 portions if you're serving up with a good side of veg
• For the cheese sauce - 1 butternut squash, cut in half and deseeded 🌿 1 cup #vegan milk (we use @oatly barista) 🌿 1 tsp garlic granules/powder 🌿 1 tsp onion granules/powder 🌿 1 tsp Dijon mustard 🌿 8 tbsp nooch 🌿 1/2 cup cashews soaked and blended into cream 🌿 pinch of salt 🌿 300g macaroni
• Bonus ingredients - your favourite mozzarella replacement 🌿 cashew parmesan (recipe below) 🌿 breadcrumbs
• Method: • Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6/200c 🌿 Roast the butternut squash for 45mins or until soft 🌿 Once the squash is done, scoop the flesh out and put into a blender 🌿 Add the milk, garlic and onion granules, mustard, nooch, cashew cream, salt and then blend until smooth 🌿 Cook the macaroni however the packet tells you to 🌿 Drain the macaroni and chuck it in a big oven dish/pan and stir the sauce in 🌿 Stuff some balls of that vegan mozzarella you swear by in there, randomly or evenly, whatever floats your boat 🌿 Top with breadcrumbs and cashew parmesan and throw back in the oven for 15 mins or so, until it's hot and the mozzarella has gone nice and gooey
• Cashew parmesan:
• 3/4 cup of cashews, 4 tbsp nooch and 1/2 tsp garlic granules/powder - smash it all in a blender and blitz until it's broken up and looks a bit parmesan-y
Big up all the vegan punks out there 👊 This breakfast is an absolute beauty and if you haven't already, we made it for our family on holiday this morning and they loved it so you need to try it - #vegan huevos rancheros...spicy mushrooms and peppers, the best scrambled tofu you're going to find, and some creamy avocado!
• 2 big portions 🙌
• 400g chestnut mushrooms 🌿 3 cloves garlic 🌿 1 red onion 🌿 1 tin tomatoes 🌿 1 tbsp tomato puree 🌿 1 red pepper 🌿 1/2 lime 🌿 1 tsp ancho chilli powder 🌿 1/2 tsp chipotle chilli powder 🌿 1/2 tsp cayenne powder (it's fairly spicy so tone down if you need to) - slice the mushrooms and finely dice the garlic, onion and pepper. Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until soft, add the pepper, mushrooms, puree and spices and stir for 5 mins or so and the mushrooms have softened a bit. Add the tinned tomatoes, lime juice, a pinch of salt and leave simmering for 10mins, in the meantime do the scrambled tofu...
• 1 block firm silken tofu 🌿 1/2 tsp kala namak salt 🌿1 tbsp nooch 🌿 1/2 tsp turmeric - chuck it all in a pan and smash the tofu up while heating to get a nice consistency 👌
• Serve it all up on some tortillas, add some avocado and get stuck in! Optional hot sauce for the spice lovers out there 🔥
Yorkshire puddings are so badass. Is a roast dinner even a roast dinner without them? It took us a while after going #vegan to make some we thought kicked ass, but we got there, and we thought we'd share the recipe with you as part of our series of #veganchristmas posts 👊
• Makes 12 Yorkshires
• ~90g Vitalite (or other vegan butter/margarine) 🌿 180g self-raising flour 🌿 60g chickpea/gram flour 🌿 pinch salt 🌿 ~350ml vegan milk (we use @oatly barista)
• Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7/220c 🌿 Split the butter into the different holes of a cupcake tin - it should be around 1 tsp per hole 🌿 Put the tin in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the butter is extremely hot and bubbling 🌿 While the tin is in the oven, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl 🌿 Add the milk and whisk together - you want the mixture to be a kind of single cream consistency, fairly runny, so add extra milk if it looks too thick 🌿 When the oven and butter are hot, take the tin out of the oven and split the batter mix evenly between the 12 holes as quickly as possible 🌿 Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Don't open the oven until the very end – you don't want them to deflate!
• Serve up with your favourite roast and veggies, and try not to eat them all at once 😉